Like Guppies

Tommy had a pet fish. A guppy. He decided to call his pet fish TomTom.
He took good care of TomTom eversince TomTom was a small fry.


He fed TomTom,cleaned his small fish bowl and even read bedtime stories for TomTom every night. Time passed and TomTom was affected by Tommy's heartfelt care and love for him.
He really wanted to repay Tommys' deeds but he has nothing at all. No money, no food... There's only one thing he could do...

"Tommy,kill me." said TomTom.

"What?Why would I kill you?" Tommy was perplexed.

"Kill me and cook me as your dinner Tommy. I know it isn't much compare to all the love and care you gave me but that's the least i could do after all you have done for me. This is all I can give." replied the determined little guppy.

"Wha-? TomTom,all i have done for you is out of love. I love you TomTom and I only want the best for you. You don't have to repay me. I'm happy if you're happy. If you were dead, I'd be utterly woebegone..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such little amout of guppy flesh for a lifetime of heartfelt deeds?
Such a small quantity for something incalculable ?

Sounds familliar?

We are like TomTom. The little guppy.
And Tommy is our parents.

Main point of this ridiculously short story is that our deeds for our parents is such a small amount compared to what they have done and sacrificed for us eversince BEFORE we were born.
The pain, the hard labour, the sleepless nights, the patience...
Its priceless.

Hence, we, the little guppies, must always respect and love our parents.
It is stated in the Al-Quran:


"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and be kind to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age and are under your care, say not to them (so much as) "ugh" nor chide them, but speak unto them gracious words." (Al-Israa':23)



There's no doubt our enemies, syaitaanirrajim, will give it their all to ensure we do the contrary.
But Allah wil help those who seek help from Him.
Always supplicate, pray and make doa to Allah.

I know... I'm just an 18 year old. What do I know..
But i do know this much.
Treat both your parents well before too late.
Without their forgiveness(especially our mothers'), the doors of Heaven will be closed upon us.

Wallahua'lam.
Assalamualaikum.

No comments